What: Dune Grass Planting – Sat – November 30, 2013
Time: Starting at 8AM - but volunteers are welcome throughout the day
Where: Please meet at the following beach entrances - M Street, H Street, F Street, and North Avenue. Additional locations may be added depending on volunteer turn out.
- Please bring your own tools to plant! Curb pins, crow bars, short pointed broom sticks work best.
- DPW employees (wearing yellow safety vests) will be on site for instruction, guidance or any questions you may have.
- Enter the dunes only at designated areas marked with an ORANGE CONE or as instructed by DPW employees.
- Please do not damage the fence in any way!
- Planting priority is for the east side dune areas, dune crowns, beach entrances and other areas void of grass.
- DO NOT STEP ON OR TRAMPLE ANY PLANTS. We are planting areas with existing sensitive vegetation.
- Parents, chaperones, & volunteer group leaders – please keep an eye on your kids.
- Do not plant within 10 ft of the boardwalk, pavilion, or roadway. This is a maintenance area which must be kept clear. Do not plant on extremely steep areas.
- Put 2-3 plants in each hole, 6”- 8” deep (about half the plant) & about 12” apart in staggered rows.
- Please be aware that debris may be encountered in the dunes – no bare feet!
- Thank you for your assistance!
OTHER VOLUNTEER GROUPS
If you are interested in leading a dune grass planting during the week, please call 732-793-5100, ask for the voice mail of DPW Supervisor Eric Wojciechowski – I will call you back asap to set something up. Grass is limited and must be put in the ground quickly.