Department of Public Works
1201 Barnegat Avenue
Seaside Park, NJ 08752
Eric Wojciechowski, Recycling Coordinator
Recycle Center open daily 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Convenient drop-off site for Seaside Park residents
14th Ave and Barnegat Recycling Center
IMPORTANT! – PLASTIC BAGS ARE NOT PERMITTED IN ANY RECYCLING CONTAINER IN SEASIDE PARK!
Please be aware that items you may recycle in other towns may not be recyclable in Seaside Park.
- Newspapers, including all comics and advertising inserts
- Mixed paper, including magazines, catalogs, office and writing paper, junk mail, and envelopes (with or without windows)
- Brown corrugated cardboard
- Commingled bottles, cans (including empty aerosol cans) & plastic containers, cleaned and with caps removed, but you do not have to remove labels or rings
- Telephone Books
- Batteries (Rechargeable Ni-Cd, Ni-MH, Li-Ion, Ni-Zn, small Pb and Auto only!) – Common alkaline batteries such as AAA, AA, C, D, and 9V may be disposed of in your regular trash.
- Oil filters, motor oil and anti-freeze (in sealed containers only)
- Computers, monitors, VCR’s, DVD players, printers, radios, laptop computers, telephone systems.
- Retired American Flags
- Salvation Army Clothing Deposit Box
- D.A.R.E Clothing Deposit Box
- Free recycled wood mulch and leaf compost (when available)
Certain electronics are recyclable, including:
- computers, monitors
- DVD players
- laptop computers
- telephone systems
Drop off at the Recycling Center or call DPW at 732-793-5100 to schedule a free separate collection.
The following items are NOT recyclable in Seaside Park:
- Gray chipboard cardboard, including cereal, gift, pizza or 6-pack beer boxes
- Scrap aluminum
- Coat hangers
- Window glass
- Light bulbs
- Bags and wraps, caps and lids
- Pesticides and herbicides
- Beer balls
- Medical supplies
- Paint cans (see below)
- Microwave containers
- Ice cream pails
- Solvents, paints and adhesives
- Yogurt and peanut butter jars
- Margarine tubs
- Flower pots and garden plastics
- Auto product containers (oil, antifreeze, etc.)
- Gable top containers (milk and juice)
Residents of Seaside Park and Ocean County may drop off unused paint and empty paint cans at the Department of Public Works building, 1201 Barnegat Avenue, from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please check in at the front office to register before dropping off paint. Paint will not be accepted from businesses such as paint contractors. This program is for latex, oil and boat paint only. No stains, wood preservatives, or other chemicals.
For additional information, contact DPW at 732-793-5100.