Save the Dates 2015
“LOW MAINTENANCE LANDSCAPING FOR THE BARNEGAT BAY WATERSHED”
Presenter: Becky Laboy,Education Outreach Specialist, Ocean County Soil Conservation District
This presentation will explore and explain ways to landscape your yard and garden with healthy soil building strategies, water conserving techniques and hardy native plants, while protecting the beautiful and important Barnegat Bay!
Date: Wednesday, September 9th
Time: 7-8 pm
Location: Council Chambers, 6th & Central Aves
Light refreshments will be available
Please share this information with family, friends and neighbors
This is the last event for 2015 Speaker Series. We thank everyone for their continued support!!
Hosted by: The Seaside Park Environmental Advisory Committee
2015 Annual Notice of Meetings
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, pursuant to the New Jersey Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-6 et seq., that the Borough of Seaside Park Environmental Advisory Committee has established the following schedule (beginning at 7:00 p.m.) for their Regular Committee Meetings for the Year 2015:
Wednesday, January 14th
Wednesday, February 11th
Wednesday, March 11th
Wednesday, April 8th
Wednesday, May 13th
Wednesday, June 10th
Wednesday, July 8th
Wednesday, August 12th
Wednesday, September 9th
Wednesday, October 14th
Wednesday, November 11th
Wednesday, December 9th
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE, that these meetings will be held in the Borough Council Chambers located at Sixth and Central Avenues, Seaside Park.
January 16, 2015
- Filed in the Office of the Seaside Park Borough Clerk
- Posted in the Seaside Park Borough Hall
- Posted on the Borough of Seaside Park official website
- Asbury Park Press
|Sue Masoorli||(3 yr., 1/13 – 12/2015)|
|Gregory Penn||(3 yr., 1/14 – 12/2016)|
|Maureen O’Haire||(3 yr., 1/15 – 12/2017)|
|Denise Koury||(3 yr., 1/15 – 12/2017)|
|Margaret Husar||(3 yr., 1/14 – 12/2016)|
|Edith Klink||(3 yr., 1/14 – 12/2016)|
|Faye Haring||(3 yr., 1/13 – 12/2015)|
|Sherry Villano||(3 yr., 1/13 – 12/2015)|
|Liaison (Council Member)|
|Jean Contessa||(1 yr., 1/15 – 12/2015)|
Environmental Advisory Committee
Seaside Park’s Environmental Advisory Committee has openings for interested citizens who want to join the committee and the town’s Green Team. The mission of this group is “to define the community’s responsibility to the environment and through educating the public to turn Seaside Park into a model community for Environmental Stewardship.”
Any resident interested in serving on the Green Team must first complete the following Citizen Leadership Form (PDF) and submit it to Borough Clerk Karen Barna for consideration of any future vacancies.
Mission Statement and Goals
The Seaside Park Environmental Advisory Committee (SPEAC) is a volunteer resident group, which is appointed yearly by the Mayor and Council at its Reorganization Meeting. SPEAC is committed to working with Borough Officials to promote environmental sustainability and to support green projects, which will make Seaside Park a greener place to live, work and play.
Long Term Goals:
- To promote Sustainable Environmental Practices
- To define the Community’s responsibility to the environment
- To educate the public about the environment and turn Seaside Park into a model for environmental Stewardship
Short Term Goals 2015:
- To promote and support in the Dune Grass plantings on the ocean beach front
- To be participant in the development of environmentally sound water drainage projects and garden plantings in conjunction with the Route 35 redesign
- To continue to offer a series of Environmental Lectures and Presentations to the citizens of the Borough
- To work with the Borough’s web master to help design and update the SPEAC link on the Borough’s website and newsletter
- To facilitate the remediation of the bayside vegetation
- To work in cooperation with Mayor and Council to promote the Environmentally sustainable projects
- To continue the development of the Seaside Park Butterflies by the Bay garden
- To identify areas of the town that could benefit from native plantings
The Borough of Seaside Park has recently made great strides in the area of Environmental Stewardship. As one of the newest EnergyStar Paratners, Seaside Park will have access greater access to the resources and skills necessary to drive the community to the forefront of environmental stewardship.
We have joined the national effort of Environmental Sustainability through EnergyStar and Sustainable NJ. If you want more information about these programs please visit www.energystar.gov or www.sustainablenj.com
Through these programs we have developed a community Green Team whose role is to deﬁne the community’s responsibility to the environment and through educating the publc will turn Seaside Park into the model community for Environmental Stewardship!
We look forward to working with our community and our new partners to developing the best programs that will respect the environment, save money, jobs and most importantly improve the area where we live.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or comments.