Department of Public Works
1201 Barnegat Avenue
Seaside Park, NJ 08752
NOTICE: PRIVATE WATER SERVICE LINE RESPONSIBILITY COVERAGE
Some residents may have received solicitation for water line service responsibility insurance coverage. Please be aware this is not sponsored or sanctioned by the Borough of Seaside Park. Homeowners should do their due diligence to see if this service is right for them.
2016 Consumer Confidence Report
Download the 2016 Consumer Confidence Report here. You may also pick up a paper copy at the Seaside Park Borough Hall (1701 North Ocean Avenue) and at the Building & Code Enforcement Office (4th & Central Avenue). Please call 732-793-5100 for more information or with any questions you may have.
Seaside Park Water Department personnel will be conducting the semi-annual flushing of the water distribution system after 5:00pm on Tuesday-October 13th through Friday-October 16th, 2015. Residents may notice some discoloration of water and a slight decrease in water pressure during this period. If you experience discolored water run your cold water in all your faucets for approximately 5-10 minutes.
The hyrdant flushing program is necessary to maintain our water supply for both domestic consumption and firefighting. We apologize for any inconvenience you may exeperience. Thank you for your cooperation.
TEMPORARY WATER MAIN SHUTDOWN
There will be a temporary water main shutdown on Tuesday, September 22, 2015 from 9AM to 2PM (raindate of 9-23-15) affecting the following streets.
Ocean Avenue – from North Avenue to C Street
This scheduled water interruption is necessary to make replacements or repairs to our water distribution system. We apologize for any inconvenience. Customers who experience any problems related to the interruption of water service may contact the Seaside Park Water Department at 732-793-5100.
2015 Consumer Confidence Report
Download the 2015 Consumer Confidence Report here. You may also pick up a paper copy at the Seaside Park Borough Hall (1701 North Ocean Avenue) and at the Building & Code Enforcement Office (4th & Central Avenue). Please call 732-793-5100 for more information or with any questions you may have.
2014 Consumer Confidence Report
Download the 2014 Consumer Confidence Report here. You may also pick up a paper copy at the Seaside Park Borough Hall (1701 North Ocean Avenue) and at the Building & Code Enforcement Office (4th & Central Avenue). Please call 732-793-5100 for more information or with any questions you may have.
Well #10 Construction Notice
Beginning on Monday, October 4th, 2010, the Borough of Seaside Park will begin drilling a replacement well on Decatur Avenue between Lake Avenue and North Bayview Avenue.
The drilling process itself will take approximately 6 to 8 weeks. This work must be done and we know there will be inconveniences along the way. There will be disturbance to the lot on Decatur Avenue in proximity to the water tower and current wellhouse. There will also be a short time when work will last 24 hrs. We apologize for any and all inconveniences. We will try to keep this to a minimum.
Please call Joseph Walker at 732-793-5100 ext 302 if you have any questions or concerns.
Tips for saving water inside your home
Bathroom use accounts for about 75 percent of the water used inside the home.
- Check regularly for any leaks in your toilet, faucets and water hose bibs and fix them.
- Install a low-flow showerhead.
- Replace older, larger-use toilets with the newer higher efficiency toilets.
- Take short showers and save the baths for special occasions.
About 8 percent of in-home water use takes place in the kitchen.
- Wash only full loads in the dishwasher. An efficient dishwasher usually uses much less water than washing dishes by hand.
- Install a low-flow faucet aerator, which can cut water use in half.
- When buying a new dishwasher, consider purchasing a water-saving model. (New models use up to 25 percent less water than older ones.)
Around the house
- Wash only full loads in the clothes washer. Washing small loads uses over twice as much water per pound of laundry.
- When buying a new clothes washer, consider purchasing a water-saving model.
- Insulate hot water pipes where possible to avoid long delays (and wasted water) while waiting for the water to “run hot.” When building a new home, keep the distance short between the hot water heater and showers and other places that hot water is used.
Take an online tour to learn ways to save water in each area of your home.